ROBERT D. WELLS
email@example.com | 202.641.1942
Rob Wells focuses his practice on developing value through creating and building strategically developed patent portfolios. With a special interest in helping companies craft effective patent plans to block competitors and build corporate value in new and developing high-tech markets, Mr. Wells works closely with clients to ensure their patents align with and support their business goals.
Mr. Wells has extensive experience with patent litigation and patent prosecution, as well as portfolio management, licensing, and client counseling involving various intellectual property issues. He has experience in matters before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), and in cases before the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) and federal trial courts.
Mr. Wells works with a wide variety of technologies, including 3D printing, robotics, optoelectronics, and other computing technologies. He is an active member of Finnegan's 3D printing and robotics working groups. Mr. Wells currently serves as IP Practice in Latin America committee chair for the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA).
Bar and Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Georgetown University Law Center
- University of Utah
B.S., Electrical Engineering, 2007
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (co-chair, Intellectual Property Practice in Latin America Committee, October 2013-present)
- Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, U.S. Division
- International Trade Commission Trial Lawyers Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)